You’ll find all the need-to-know basics of using your digital SLR camera* or mirrorless camera system in this awesome 4-week photography class.
Have you always wanted to know how to freeze the perfect moment without blur?
Or how to create a soft background behind a portrait?
Learn how to take your camera off the AUTO setting and learn the best technique to match your vision.
Master the mechanics of your DSLR and begin your journey into photography starting with:
- Aperture and depth of field (the perfect portrait)
- Shutter speeds and controlling motion (freezing the moment)
- ISO sensitivity (the basis of your technical decisions)
- Basic white balance (get the right color)
- Lenses and focal length
- Exposure compensation for special situations
- Rules of great photography (composition)
- Tripods and filters
This class will provide you with a wealth of camera knowledge leaving you prepared to advance your photography skills in any direction.
What Students are Saying
“After years of shooting, this class explained the basics SO well, I found myself saying ‘Oh, that’s what that is for!'” – A.C. 2015
Class Materials: After your first class, you will receive the Power Point presentations that support each of your four class meetings.
What to Bring to class: Your digital SLR camera or fully adjustable mirrorless camera and note-taking material. After the first class, you will need a jump drive to bring in your assignments.
Meetup: All registered Photo 1 students are invited to a special Meetup – a location photo shoot offered immediately after the 4-week class. Details and directions provided in your first class.
* A digital SLR camera is a full-size camera with full manual controls and interchangeable lenses. SLR = single lens reflex. A mirrorless camera is a full function system that’s less bulky without the “mirror”. Both camera systems welcome in class!