This popular adult education class is everything you always wanted to know about your digital SLR camera! If you know you are under-utilizing the power and possibilities of your camera and want to better capture your personal vision, this class is for you.
This is a six-week class covering topics such as:
- your DSLR and essential camera functions
- aperture and depth of field
- shutter speeds and controlling motion
- ISO sensitivity
- basic white balance
- exposure control
- resolution and file types
- taking better portraits and nature photography
- camera accessories
- all about lenses and filters
- memory cards
- picture styles
- introduction to downloading, sizing and e-mailing images
- introduction to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom®
- what you need to know about printing
- taking better pictures using great composition techniques
In addition to in-class lectures, discussions and hands-on practice, you will have weekly assignments and critiques to improve and guide your photography.
Class Materials: We now offer a digital copy of our workbooks upon registration, which allows you to bring a printed or digital copy to class!
What to Bring: Registered students are asked to bring their digital SLR camera, camera manual, and note-taking material to the first class.
PLEASE NOTE: Classes listed with a pound symbol (#) are held at our East Campus located next to our main campus at 1141 Sheridan Rd. Sorry, our East Campus is not handicap accessible. If you have questions, please contact us at 404-965.2205.
Choose a class time from the drop down menu below ▼